Health Trails

The University System of Georgia will be taking part in the 6-week long competition! This is an exciting way to compete internally through teams and externally as a whole against other colleges and universities across Georgia. The program will be designed to allow you to track the following three activities: steps walked, water consumption, and kindness. Simply set up your Fitbit or Jawbone device to the HealthTrails app and take on the virtual challenge for automatic tracking of your steps walked.

Registration & Tracking

Registration: March 1 - April 3

  1. Visit
  2. Register for HealthTrails using your Georgia Tech email address. 

This program will allow you to focus on tracking three healthy habits every day of this 6-week long program. All three healthy habits contribute to your total virtual mileage traveled. Steps walked accounts for 60% of your total virtual miles moved, while both water consumption and acts of kindness account for the other 40% of your virtual travel.

Georgia Tech Incentives

Participate to be entered to win any of the following items:

  • 2 Skullcandy Headphones
  • Fitbit Flex
  • Chair massages for two hours in your department
  • Three month free membership to CRC
  • GT Dining gift certificate
  • Pair of tickets to the GT vs. Jacksonville State football game (9/9/17) 
  • Pair of tickets to the GT vs Georgia football game (11/25/17) 
  • 6 session positive psychology coaching series from EAP Consultants

USG Incentives

  • If participants do not currently own a tracking device and have not received one from the USG Well-being program then you will qualify for a Fitbit $44 subsidy. This subsidy will be available for the first 5,000 who qualify within the USG system.
  • Reaching 300+ Miles - If you have reached 300 or more virtual miles by the end of the competition then you will be invited to a celebration.

  • Ending Celebration - Free food for all who participated at your institution. If your institution is number one in the USG system then you will be presented the traveling trophy by the Chancellor at our Ending Celebration event.